Shaid Luqman on Run to Pakistan after £300 Million Britain’s Biggest Fraud

Shaid Luqman, 46, also known as Lucky, involved in Britain’s biggest ever banking fraud had flew out of Manchester Airport in 2011 with millions of pounds in stolen cash, he gained from Halifax, Barclays and Lloyds bank from fraud. He left behind a trail of debt after his £300m business empire collapsed.

Shaid Luqman on Run to Pakistan after £300 Million Britain’s Biggest Fraud

His British and Pakistani passports were confiscated and was wearing an electronic tag, he sneaked passed security just two weeks after he was tagged and given a suspended jail term.

He remains on the run and is apparently living the high life after brazenly opened a shopping mall in Lahore. Judge Nield At Minshull Street Crown Court in Manchester, said, Its quite surprising that how he was able to leave the country with hundreds of millions of pounds and a curfew tag.

Shaid Luqman purchased his first house when he was a finance student at Manchester University, when he graduated in 1991, he owned 24 houses.

The he started work in Bank and in 2000 he

formed company “Lexi Holdings” to provide finance to MPs, footballers and entrepreneurs. In 2004 he was named ‘Young Entrepreneur of the Year’

He was listed as 238th richest man an done of Britain’s richest Asians in The Sunday Times Rich List with his property was worth £300m pounds and his £250m personal wealth.

In 2006 his property leasing company went into debts of £100m after allegations of dishonesty. In July 2007 he was jailed for 2 years. In 2009 he was jailed for another 12 months after he disposed of two Range Rovers and two valuable paintings and sold land in Pakistan.

His both Pakistani and British Passports were confiscated and in 2011 he was arrested for buying a new fake passport. He spared jail for passport fraud case but was ordered to wear an electronic tag for three months in April 2011, but on 10 June 2011, he fled the country.

He arrest warrant is issued since June 30, 2011.

His younger brother, Waheed, is also on run and fled to Pakistan in a fraud case for which he was sentenced for 7 years in his absence on January 2013.