Mohammed Ali, 24, and Syed Fahad, 23, found guilty of murdering man in Barking

Mohammed Ali, 24 (04.06.95) of Maud Gardens, Barking, Syed Fahad, 23 (20.01.96), of Salisbury Avenue, Barking and Jonathan Mulangala, 22, (23.11.96) of Stonebridge Road, Tottenham, are found guilty of murdering man in Barking.

Police were called at 23:31hrs on Thursday, 17 May 2018, to reports of a man stabbed in Crows Road close to Harts Lane, Barking.

Officers attended along with the London Ambulance Service and found Abdulrahman – known as Mani to his friends – suffering from stab injuries.

He was given first aid by officers prior to the arrival of paramedics but he was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.

A post-mortem examination held on Friday, 18 May at Queen’s Hospital Mortuary gave cause of death as stab wounds to the chest and abdomen. He suffered 18 stab wounds. The pathologist said that the wounds indicated that more than one knife was used during the attack.

The court heard that Abdulrahman was standing alone outside a block of flats in Harts Lane – not far from where he lived – when a white BMW pulled up near him. Two men got out of the car and immediately attacked Abdulraham.

In a desperate bid to escape, Abdulraham kicked-off his flip flops and ran away bare foot. His attackers chased him down and continued to stab him.

While Abdulraham was being attacked, the two men in the BMW – the driver and a passenger – turned the car around 180 degrees so it was ready to make-off from the scene.

Within two minutes and 17 seconds of leaving the car, both knifemen got back into the BMW and it immediately sped away from the scene.

Detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command launched an investigation, with mobile phone analysis as well as CCTV footage linking the three suspects to the scene of the murder.

Ali was arrested on 1 June 2018, while Fahad – who had fled the country after the attack – was arrested on 2 July.

Mulangala was arrested by officers on 25 July 2018. All three will be sentenced at the same court on Monday, 22 July.