28-year-old Usman Khan who killed two innocent people on Friday London Bridge Attack, was freed last December and police said he was “known to authorities” after he was convicted in 2012 for terror offences.
Usman Khan was released last year from a UK prison, is suspected to be the man who stabbed two people to death in a terror attack on London Bridge, the police said on Saturday.
In February 2012, Khan, who had been based in Stoke-on-Trent, was handed an indeterminate sentence for public protection over his part in an al Qaida-inspired terror group that plotted to bomb the London Stock Exchange and build a terrorist training camp on land in Pakistan
But the sentence for Khan, was quashed at
The group also had plans to carry out a “Mumbai-style attack” on high-profile figures, according to court documents.
Khan was recorded by police boasting about his UK benefits could him the same amount in a day that people in Pakistan in a month.
He said: “On jobseeker’s allowance we can earn that, never mind working for that.”
In recordings of Khan discussed he wanted to raise funds for the camp to train a “significant” number of British Muslims to become “more serious and effective terrorists”, according to court documents.
The bridge was the scene of a terror attack in 2017 – also during a general election campaign – when eight victims were killed along with the three terrorists, who were also wearing fake suicide vests and armed with knives.