Two British sisters had been found dead in the bathroom of their home in Mirpur village of Daulat Nagar, near Gujrat, Pakistan.
Maria Rehman, 25, and her sister Nadia, 17, were found unconscious and in a ‘half-dead state’ in their room before being rushed to hospital, where they later died.
The sisters had travelled to the country with their parents father Abdul Rehman, mother Zarina around two weeks ago from London, United Kingdom for their grandfather’s memorial.
It had been alleged that the girls were poisoned by a gas leak from a geyser in their room, which is used to heat water. But parents of the girls refused to launch investigation in the case.
However police filed the case and started investigation of the case, the girls were buried in local graveyard. Today the postmortem report revealed the girls died of gas leak as their were not torture signs on their bodies.
The Foreign Office confirmed two British women had died in
A Foreign Office spokeswoman told Sky News: “We are in contact with the local authorities following the death of two British women in Gujrat, Pakistan, and have offered consular support to the family.”