A newly-married couple, which had sustained severe fire burns, died here on Thursday their first wedding night in Sialkot.
Reportedly, groom named Adnan Ejaz, 22, married Yusra Pervez, 20, on January 4, 2019, at Greenwood Street, Prem Gali in Kotwali police jurisdiction, Sialkot.
During their wedding night they turned on the gas heater to heat the room, the gas heater of their room suddenly went off due to gas loadshedding, they lit-up a candle in the room. They left gas heater on and slept.
Later, when the supply was resumed, it filled the room with gas and caused a sudden fire due to an already lit-up candle nearby.
The newly-wed couple suffered severe burns and were rushed to a local hospital who referred them to Kharian hospital, where they died after six days of the incident.
The couple was laid to rest on Thursday afternoon at Shah Hussain Graveyard, Abbot Road in presence of hundreds of people.
In Last month, December 2017, a foreign officer, Syeda Fatimee, 29, and her husband died on Honeymoon in Hunza due to gas leakage in Hotel room.
Syeda Fatimee, 29, lost her life alongside alongside her husband Syed Shoaib Hassan, 31, due to gas leakage in her hotel room in Hunza on 8th December 2018. Couple tied knot on 29, November 2018 and died today.
Syeda Fatimee became a part of civil service in 2014. She came back from France along with her husband, 10 days ago after finishing her language training.